Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Marley

Let me tell you.... it's a VERY good thing that this puppy is cute! Here's why she's lucky she's adorable...

1. She eats cat poop. Yeah, gross. We had to put the cat litter box into the tub in the front bathroom in order to get her to stop. Thankfully it's never used (by humans, at least), because that's completely unsanitary, and it grosses me out. But, then again, puppy almond rocha (you know, cat poop covered in litter!) on my living room carpet grosses me out more.

2. She bites. HARD. With her itty bitty razor sharp teeth. I have snags on my new sofa slip covers, teeth marks on my shoes, holes in my socks, and holes in my hands. I've purchased every chew toy imaginable, but I guess we just taste better!

3. She cries all night. It makes me so sad! We were trying to kennel train her, but she would just complain all night and bite and scratch at the kennel door. I know this is bad puppy parenting, but I just couldn't take it any more, and so I kept letting her out when she whined for too long. :/ Hey... I need my sleep! This one is in the process of being corrected, however. She's now outside all day long while I'm at work and Kyle is sleeping. That way he doesn't have to deal with her barking or pooping on the carpet while he tries to sleep. (We just have to worry about her sticking her head through the hole in the fence and getting her head bitten off by the pit bull next door!) At night she's now going in the laundry room, where I can't hear her whine! So now I don't feel like a guilty mother, and I'm able to sleep (plus, there's no mess for me to clean up in the morning!)

4. She plays in the sprinklers. Honestly, this is adorable. Unless I've just given her a bath. Then, of course, she gets soaking wet and rolls around in the dirt. Or she tries to dig at the ground once the water goes away, apparently in search for more. Then she wants to come inside and dirty up my house.


5. She's a menace! One example: We had all our recycling bagged up nice and neat, ready to be taken in to the recycling center. Guess Marley thought that was too boring! Here's what I found the other day...


Our entire side yard is covered in bottles and cans, thanks to our precious baby.


Despite all her shortcomings, we really do love her. We're just looking forward to when obedience school starts kicking in!


6 comments:

Rhonda said...

She really is adorable

Scott said...

Oh I remember the puppy days.

hahahaha

Erica Young said...

She is so adorable and let me tell you about dogs eating cat poop. My dog is 4 yrs old and still does it. My vet told me the dog can still smell the cat food and that's why they want to eat it. My dog loves cat food. We had to get a covered litter box but she was still getting in it so we've had to flip it around, put a box over it and more ways so the dog can't get in it. Finally we have it in the laundry room and we shut the door so only the cat can get in. It's a pain. Puppies are cute but they are a handful. Good Luck!

Christy said...

oooohhh so cute. but wait that is what keeps our kids alive too! ;) See,puppy parenting and kid parenting are VERY similar. You just cant lock them in the kennel at night when they are screaming! ;)

Erica Young said...

Hey, you've been MIA but I just wanted to wish you and your hubby a Merry Christmas.

Jaclyn Marina said...

so so so cute!!! i love puppies!! ; D