Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beauty in the busy-ness

I've felt rushed lately. I've been overwhelmed. Not stressed, just busy. There is always something else to do. Laundry. Dishes. Grading. Cooking. TV shows that need watching. (Okay, I'll admit that one is a want). In the midst of the craziness of life, God sometimes shows you something that takes your breath away. I had one of those moments while driving home the other day.

The sun was just going down below the clouds - not a complete sunset, but one of those times where the edges of the clouds are trimmed in a beautiful gold. As soon as I got home I grabbed the ladder, and with my camera in tow I climbed on my roof. As it always happens (Murphy's law, I suppose), it turns out my roof is not at the ideal angle for taking sunset pictures, but I still managed to snap a few that start, just a bit, to capture what I actually saw. Just know that my (slowly developing [no pun intended]) photography skills are nothing compared to what God does on the canvas of the sky.



This is an entry for Through the Lens of Worship. To see other photographer's posts, go to http://www.throughthelensofworship.com/

4 comments:

Sarita Allen said...

Great entry! That last photo illustrates (even if it had to be cropped in =]) what you described well! Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

Oh I love when God does that. It's like he is saying,"Stop child, look, breath me in." LOVE IT! :)

Rhonda said...

These are beautiful Diana. I love it when God reveals His glory in the sky!

Mrs. T said...

Diana, I had to laugh when I read your comment, "As soon as I got home I grabbed the ladder, and with my camera in tow I climbed on my roof."

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that most people, when seeing a beautiful sunset DON'T initially head for a ladder and their roof!!

Beautiful photos. I'm so glad you DID climb your roof.