Sunday, March 9, 2008

They grow up so darned fast

I was admiring how free and wild one of our little 1st graders in Wonderland was this morning during workship. He's going to be a rockstar when he grows up. He already acts like he is one. He's such a ham. It's great. He was rocking out, as usual, during one of the more rowdy worship songs, and I was thinking about how I was jealous of his complete lack of inhibitions. There was nothing that could embarrass him! I was actually wondering when it is that we lose that childlike innocence and freedom when one of our 3rd graders, completely embarrassed by the "scene" this kid was making, turns to another older student (who was new), and explains "He's only in first grade."

So, there you have it. It's not the cares and worries of adulthood that make us lose our childlike ways. It's third grade.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you found me so I could plug in to your blog. I look forward to reading! Also, thanks for putting the definitions of the words in your title, I had no clue what they meant. See you soon.

Brandi said...

I love your blog!!! thanks for letting me know...I'm such an air-head...