Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Dr. Appointment...

I had another doctor appointment today for an ultrasound to see if the Clomid worked this round. They were wanting to see enlarged ovaries, which would mean that the Clomid stimulated my body to mature and release an egg. Unfortunately, they weren't big enough, which means the medication probably didn't work this round. There were also multiple small cysts on both ovaries, but he didn't say anything about those - other than that they were present - so I don't know if it's a 'good' cyst (normal part of the cycle) or a 'bad' cyst (like with PCOS).

I did have a positive ovulation test on Friday (course, two cycles ago I had 7-8 positive test days in a row - even though I wasn't ovulating - so my confidance in the test is not high), so there is a slight possibility that I ovulated early and so what we saw today (smaller ovaries) was due to that fact. I go back Monday for a progesterone test to see if I actually did ovulate, and if that comes back negative we up the Clomid dose and try again.

Sorry if I'm sharing too many details for your taste, it's a comfort for me to write this all out, and know that there are a few women who read this and are keeping us in their prayers. Your prayers are helping tremendously. I have been so much more at peace with all of this lately, and I'm being able to trust God's plan more freely, rather than my own. Today I'm a little shaken, because I was so hoping to hear good news at the appointment, but I'm still doing okay. I'm functioning rather mechanically right now, though, so we'll see if my emotions about this catch up to me later. Pray I hear good news on Monday!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I am praying for you continously. We love you guys...

Lisa said...

I stumbled over here through Leslie's blog - I too have been trying to get pregnant for a very long time and I can totally relate to your story! Not much fun...
Wishing you luck and success...