Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Coolest Thing Ever.

Well, not really ever, but still pretty cool. I'm chaparoning the KCHS formal on Saturday, and it's a CLUE theme. I'm one of the characters, and instead of getting Miss Scarlet (I already have a red dress I could wear), I'm Mrs. Peacock. I didn't own a blue or green dress, so I was stuck trying to find one to wear. Well, I wandered into a little second hand store (Karma Konsignment) a few days ago, the very first store I went into, and started looking on the rack. I found a beautiful green Jessica McClintock ($$) dress in my size (it fits me perfectly) for, get this, only $10.00! So exciting. So I go to pay, and the store owner even comments on how cheap it is. See, she just bought out My Sister's Closet, and had only been open a week, and she had just kept the same price tags on the merchandise she bought. So, someone had made a mistake in pricing it before (most other formals were $40-$50), but since that's the price that was on it, that's what I paid. Oh, and the JM tag was still on it!
So... the dry cleaning bill is twice what I paid for the dress... but still, how incredible was my luck!?

Oh yeah, I just started a new daily devotional, and my goal is to have some of my thoughts about each day up here... eventually. :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I love that!!! I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts from your devotional time...

Lisa said...

Who doesn'tlove a good deal?!?!? Hope you have a great time!

How fun is a clue theme....