Monday, May 5, 2008

The bad news, the good news, and the other good news.

Well, the bad news is that the dreaded period reared its ugly head yesterday, so this cycle wasn't it for us. While I'm disappointed, I'm really not that upset about it, which means your prayers are working! Thank you! I wasn't expecting to get pregnant this month, anyway, since at my ultrasound it looked like the clomid hadn't worked, so my hopes weren't up. However, this means that I had a very normal (very NOT normal for me) 29 day cycle, so I was kinda thinking that the meds did work, and that we just didn't get pregnant this time. My doctor confirmed my suspicion today. I got the results from the progesterone blood test, and it showed I did ovulate (yay!), so the clomid worked! This makes me super, super excited, because it means that there is a chance. I'll be starting another 5 day medication routine in a few days, and perhaps this month will be our lucky month.
The other good news is that we heard from the woman who was helping qualify us for a mortgage, and we qualify for a $15,000 Lemoore city employees grant because of Kyle's job! Super exciting! This means we have our down payment plus some, and it's making the home buying dream even more of a reality. Still a few things to work out, and we still need to find a place, but we're getting closer! Thanks for your prayers, ladies! I love you all!

Oh.... and I am still planning on someday posting about that Bible study I started... It's just been a crazy, crazy busy life lately. I know that's not an excuse... but, there it is anyway.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Yippie!!! Thank you Lord!!! Missed you tonight...it's never the same with out you...

Jeka said...

So happy for you and what God is doing! Things are definitely brighter any way you look at it. Missed ya tonite.

Jess

Lisa said...

I am so glad to hear you are looking at the bright side of things! And even though you aren't pregnant yet, good things came out of this cycle!!!
Everyday I have to remind myself that when the time is right it will happen...
Hoping and praing that May is your lucky month....
PS I checked out IVillage today, thanks for the tip! I really enjoyed "lurking" around on the message boards!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Saw your post on Lisa's blog and came by for a visit. You have a great blog!
I have been blessed with 4 little boys. One in the arms of Jesus...
I was drawn to your blog knowing you are trying to have children. For some reason I have not been able to get all of the women I know, who are longing to have children, out of my mind. I posted about it yesterday on my blog. My heart has just been aching...I know so many who want this so much.
In some ways, as I state in my post, I feel like I have no right to even talk about it, from the perspective of a mother, but we tried for 18 months (I know not long to most...) Our first time and then lost our first born.
I'd love for you to come for a visit to my blog. :)
I will be back!