Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Some random things....

Here are some updates of various topics...

The play I'm directing, It's Murder in the Wings, goes up this weekend if any of you ladies are interested in joining us! It's a very funny play, kinda with a Clue feel to it. It takes place in the office of The Wings Publishing Company, the evening of a very important party where they will be signing a famous playwright to their company, allowing them to receive a loan to keep their company afloat. However, an hour before the party, the boss is discovered dead, and the office ladies have to try to keep the party guests from finding out, while at the same time trying to figure out who the murderer is. It's a fun script, and I really, really hope my kids will do well! Their characters are coming along great, but a few of them still need to solidify some of their lines, which is starting to scare me this close to opening night! I know they can do it, and I know the performance will be great, but I'll probably stress a bit until its all over! Anyway, it's Saturday and Sunday evening at 7:00 in the Kings Christian School gym. Tickets are $5 and $4 for adults and students/kids, respectively, and there is a special family price. There are also discounts for moms on Mother's Day. So, if you and our hubby want a cheap date.... you're welcome to join us (and I hope my kids make me proud!)

Different topic... I feel like I've been slightly bipolar lately. Well, maybe more than slightly. I swear, I've been so emotional because of everything that has been going on, and one minute I can be completely fine and happy, and then I can be close to tears! It's really, really aggravating. These past few days have been really good, though. I'm really starting to come to terms with my infertility, and with God's plan for our life, and getting away with Kyle and then getting the good blood test results has really helped me out. Another thing that has helped immensely (besides you women and your prayers - I can tell that people are praying for me because I have been so much more at peace lately) is I joined a site called ivillage.com. Sarah joined when she was expecting Taylor, so I had heard about it, but I finally joined and started posting on the message boards for people dealing with infertility and using clomid. It has made SUCH a HUGE difference. I love that I have you ladies to talk to (some in person, some just on here, some both!), and I can talk to Kyle and my mom and MIL and my sister and SIL, but no one I can talk to (with the exception of one friend on here) has actually been through this. It has been so great to talk to women going through the exact same thing as me, and it has been such an encouragement to me. We've been able to lift each other up, and encourage each other, and I have "cycle buddies" who are going through exactly the same things - down to the day. I can't even explain how great it has been to have the encouragement of these women who really, really understand what I'm going through. It has helped make a huge difference in how I feel and how I approach this. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this, even though I wouldn't wish anyone else into the same boat I'm in. I am going to keep updating you guys, though. You guys (most of you) are the ones I actually know, and I am so thankful for you. Some of you were the first people we told - before our family even - and I couldn't get through this without you and your support and prayers either.

Alright... that's it for now. Time to go get some sleep so I can keep up with my crazy, hectic tech-week schedule! Thanks for your love and friendship!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

sounds like you guys have so many crazy exciting things going on. So exciting... praying for this month. BTW saw you drove down to disney are you guys local??? ...

Lisa said...

So very glad to hear you are feeling postive and content!!! Great news....

Rhonda said...

I don't think we will be able to make your show this weekend, but I will be praying your students do a great job. I'm sure they will.