Saturday, May 31, 2008

No more pencils, no more books....

And no more students! It's finally, and officially summer break! Well, actually, I have a few more days of meetings and classroom cleaning, but the kids are gone, so it's vacation! I really do love teaching, and I love (most of) the students, but it is sooooo nice to have a break from them. They really wear me out. I don't have papers to grade for a couple months... I don't have to listen to excuses and complaints on a daily basis... I don't have lesson plans to prepare... I don't have to write up any referrals. Ahh. I love summer.

On another topic completely... I though I had posted our "anniversary adventure" already, but since I didn't, I'll have to jump back a bit before getting to what I had intended to say... (This stuff does get a little personal, but hopefully it's not TMI!)

The Monday before last (the 19th) I had a Drs. appointment for an ultrasound so they could check my ovaries, like they do each month, to see if the medication was working. Well, the tech did the ultrasound, and then tells me I was currently ovulating and she gave me a 24 hour window, which sounds exciting, but (poor tech!) caused me to burst into tears. See, this was after 4:30 in the afternoon in Hanford, and Kyle started work that evening at 6:00 in Lemoore. I rushed home, but Kyle was already getting ready for work, so there was no time. I told him to get home as fast as he could the next morning, but he was delayed with some training after breifing, and got home 45 minutes late, and by that point I was rushing to get ready for work. Soooo.... I enlisted the help of a coworker (thankfully female, who already knew about our infertility struggles), and she took my 5th period class halfway through so I could go home and have a longer lunch period. So, despite two failed attempts, we were able to 'do the deed' within the 24 window that the tech gave us. That day was our anniversary, too, so it was a little adventure. So, if we got pregnant this time, our baby would be an anniversary baby, which would be kinda cool! We'd also know that the egg was from the right ovary (cause apparantly the left one is not cooperating).
So, on to what I was going to say. Today is now day 28. Last month my period came on day 29. So, I should know within the next couple days if it worked this month! Which also means that it shouldn't be too much longer before you guys know as well! I've actually been very patient this time, and the wait hasn't been difficult, which is unusual for me. I haven't been analyzing every "symptom" like I normally do. My body just messes with me and I trick myself into having symptoms, so I'm not reading into anything this month, and I've been much more sane! I'm not checking my chest all the time to see if I'm bigger or sore yet. I haven't been tempted to POAS (pee on a stick - or take a pregnancy test) yet, which is also unusual. I've been really at peace this cycle. It's weird. But very nice. While I still definitely want to see a positive test, I know I'll be okay if I don't get one. Sad, but okay. Assuming my period doesn't show up, I'll probably wait until Tuesday to test, when Kyle has a day off so he can be home when I do. I kinda have a good feeling about this time, but I really don't want to get my hopes up. Please pray we recieve good news! And pray that if we don't, that I'll be able to remain positive and not go through all the overwhelming emotions that normally come with negative tests. Thanks!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How amazing to have the entire summer off! How on earth are you going to spend all that free time?!?!?
Hoping, praying, longing that this is your month, sweet girl...
And don't keep us waiting to long for those results...

Leslie said...

hoping for you this month too...
really hoping

Jaimee said...

You will be in my prayers during this waiting time. We're having struggles in the conception department, too. You'd think it wouldn't be as big of a deal once you already have one child, but alas...

Hoping and praying for good news!