Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finally back home

I feel like I've been running around all over the place lately! In reality, I have been, so it's no wonder I feel that way. First San Jose and Monterey, then home for a day, then San Diego, then home again for a couple days, then back to San Jose. Now I'm actually home for awhile, so I can get my life back in order! I only have a month left of summer vacation, so I need to get busy! My plan (we'll see how this actually works out...) is to spend the rest of this month working around the house. I need to clean out the house, get rid of junk, start packing up things we don't currently need to help us get ready to move, and transfer everything off the laptop to our new computer. Not really new, but my parents old one, and it's better than the laptop I got for high school grad that we're currently using. Then, come August, I'll start going down to my classroom again to get stuff set up and start working on laying out my lesson plans. Like I said. We'll see how much of this gets done.

In other news, we're going to go look at two more houses today. We're not really sure about either, but guess it doesn't hurt to look! One is a little smaller (1100 sf) and has a pool, which we don't really want to deal with, and the other is larger (1800) but potentially a fixer upper. We just don't know how much of a fixer upper. But we're going to go see them. Well, at least I am. Kyle was supposed to have a day off, but 2 of the other officers had court today, so we got a call at 6:30 this morning asking for Kyle to come in. If one of the officers gets finished with court and gets back to work, Kyle might be able to get home in time to look with me.

And lastly, I've been promising San Diego pictures, and now I'm finally home with some time to do it. I took almost 500 pictures there (the joys of digital!), but I'll spare you that (and save myself the upload time) and post a few from our day. Well, let's be honest, a few more than a few. But I'll try to limit myself!

We went down to visit Kyle's family, in addition to going to SeaWorld. We got to see Grandpa Jack and Grandma Sharon, and his Aunt Jenny and her husband Chris.


There's a great kids area that Taylor LOVED playing in. There are huge musical intruments to bang on, and a giant rope thing to climb up and tubes to play in. I followed Taylor and her daddy up to get some pictures of them. Taylor did great.


She also got to go on an elmo ride with daddy.

Then we all watched Elmo and his friends perform, which put a big smile on Taylor's face. And Grandad's.


We watched a bunch of shows there, including the dolphins and Shamu, both the day shows and the night shows. It's just incredible what those huge animals can do.



Ayla decided she didn't want her picture taken, and gave me the death stare.


We also got to see Clyde and Seamore, the sea lion show. It's such a laugh. What wasn't funny, though, was that while we were waiting for the show to start, thousands of bees swarmed above our head. Especially not good because my mother in law is allergic to bees, and doesn't carry an epi-pen like she should.


After the show, we found the source of the bees. There was a HUGE hive in a tree, and some genius decided it would be a good idea to poke it!


We then went to see a show for Taylor called Pet's Rule. It was really cute. They have dogs and cats (which just amazed me) and a pig doing all sorts of tricks. Jumping rope, a cat walking across a high wire, all kinds of cute, crazy things. After the show you get to meet some of the stars. Taylor loved that, and so did Kyle.


We also did some random things throughout the day, all centered, of course, around Taylor. She chased us around, she was thrown up in the air, and she got to pet "Eeyore" (the donkey they have near the Bud Clydesdales).




Last few pictures, I promise. My favorite show of the day was Cirque de la Mer. Absolutely AMAZING. The things these people can do is so incredible, and I can only imagine how much strength it takes to do these kinds of things.


All in all, an absolutely wonderful time with family. And I took way too many pictures (typical Diana...)


Now it's time to go look at houses!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhh, have fun looking at the house - my favorite thing to do! And don't worry, both house we have bought, I piked out and Tucker came later to give his opion - I think it is beeter to go without him at first, men have no vision....

Christy said...

Hey thanks for the post. I looked for an email listing on your blog but didnt see one. I would love to share our testimony on how God brought our two little girls into our lives. No IVF never did work and it got to the point where my husband had to be more important. Not to mention my sanity. We went through a private adoption agency which I can tell you brought on just as much stress and heartache as the IVF but the end result was better. :) My email is harkers4@msn.com if you ever want to talk more. Oh I loved the photos. We are going to San diego this week as well. :)

Scott said...

Great pics! BTW, The Great Divorce is one of my favorite books too!

Erica Young said...

Just checking in to see how the house hunting is going?? We are going this weekend to look at a few. Looks like your trip was awesome. I would love to go Sea World, maybe someday! How is it having the summer off? I would love to be able to do that. Get going on that to-do list, ha-ha!

Rhonda said...

I actually got stung by a bee at the clyde and seymore show once. It was nearly 20 years ago and the show was in a different location than it currently is, but that bee sting was the one that made me realize that I am allergic to bee stings. My arm swelled up so much you couldn't tell I had an elbow. AND I went to Disneyland the next day with that misery.