Thursday, July 10, 2008

I hate diets; houses and babies; and Monterey pictures...

This is kinda a catch all blog. There's a lot to talk about!

First, I hate diets. And my husband's metabolism. I started counting calories two weeks ago to try to lose some weight. I lost 4 pounds, then went away to San Diego and gained two back, and now I've almost lost those 2 pounds (again). Earlier I had an afternoon snack of celery with a teeny bit of peanut butter (and raisens, girl scout style!), half a cucumber, and carrots. A whopping 130 calories. Didn't eat the broccoli though. It just didn't taste good.


As I was making this snack, my husband was sitting on the couch watching tv, and eating pringles.


And yet... he weighs less than I do! I want his metabolism.

As far as the house goes, unfortunately we didn't get it. Oh well... the next one perhaps! There had been another offer (the same as ours) placed a bit before ours, and that one was accepted. At least now most everything is in place for when we find the next one.

As far as babies go, no news to tell for now. Lisa had asked how things were going, so I figured I'd update you all. Since we decided to take a cycle off to get Kyle tested, I skipped the meds, which means that who knows when this cycle will end! It's day 38 now, and I'm just waiting until my next cycle comes along so I can do another round on the meds. If this lasts until day 45, though, which it has before, I'll have to go on a different medication to induce my period. So, now news for now, but hopefully before too long I'll be back on the fertility medication, and perhaps our third try will work!

Now, our San Jose/Monterey trip. Like he normally does when we're in San Jose, Kyle made bananas foster for all of us. I never get this at home, but he always makes it when we're at my parents. Kyle came along, and just by saying "bananas foster" ends up convincing my mom, who NEVER drinks, to go buy hard liquor. Rum, brandy, bananas, and fire!

Our last day with the family was at Monterey. They have some of the coolest things there.



The jellyfish are my favorite and they have so many types. I'll spare you the barrage of pictures, and just post a few.


They also have this really cool exhibit near the jellys. It's all sorts of beautiful blown glass creations.

It was a gorgeous day while we were there, but it was a little hazy because of all of the fires going on in CA.


This is Chase, and his mommy Amberlynn (my cousin's son and wife). It was the first time we'd been able to meet either of them, so it was pretty cool to hang out with them for a couple days.


Little Chasers just loved being at the aquarium. He wanted to play with all the fish!



These guys are one of the coolest creatures ever created. It's a leafy sea dragon!


After the aquarium we went over to a beach to play for a bit. Mostly the guys just tortured little crabs.


Here's Kyle and Andrew messing around with the poor little crabs while Amberlynn watches on.


I'll get some San Diego/SeaWorld pictures up soon, it's time to get dinner started!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I am so sorry about the house, but you seem to be in good spirits about the whole thing - that ALWAYS helps!!!

Wow, it seems like forever ago since you stopped taking the meds - hoping this cyle ends soon!!! (no chance you could be pregnant???)

No advise for you on the diet thing - I don't even bother trying anymore.... I have no. will. power!

As a side note... I am constantly thinking of you and hoping things start happening! I know well the pain of waiting - waiting for your cycle to end, waiting to ovulate, waiting for the time to test, waiting for a positive.... Most people have a hard time understanging the pain and heartache - I hate when people say "just relax and it will happen", although I know they mean well - they don't know what to say!
All this to say, I am here for you, whatever you need! Our friendship is so important to me (the wonders of blogging, huh) and I am never more then an e-mail away!!!

Love - Lisa

Leslie said...

totally feel you on the house offers falling through.

Hey you were by me.... hope you guys had a great great trip...

and end cycle end..... ughhh I have really long cycles.. so I know how that is.

Erica Young said...

Hi Diana,
Thanks for the comment. I was browsing through your blog and yes we have a lot in common. I have tried clomid also and had no luck. I just gave up on all meds and told myself it's not meant to be and we will try naturally and see what happens. If I don't get pregnant within the next year/year and a half I'm going to try the meds again. Thankfully your husband has no problems, mine on the otherhand has a little problem but fixable.

And as for the diet, I just lost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers. It does wonders. So I would highly recommend it.

I hope we can stay talking and keep each other motivated with everything! Have a good weekend!

Christy said...

hi, stumbled on your blog and enjoyed your post. Sorry to hear you are struggling with the infertility. My husband and I went through that as well. No comfort to you I am sure but I will say that God has blessed me and changed me through that IVF experience. I would do it again to grow although I would rather take another route. ;) Your so blessed to have a husband who is so supportive. I talk to many women who are not as lucky.