Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Speaking my Love Language...

So I've been sitting on the computer for way too long now, checking all "my stuff" (email, other email, myspace, facebook, my calorie count site, blogger, responding to comments, checking all your new posts, etc...). While I'm being a lazy bum on the computer, my wonderful hubby is in the kitchen doing dishes! He just got up off the couch after watching a show, then went and starting working on the mess in the sink without being asked. What a wonderful man. And, as we discovered in Life Group, Acts of Service is my love language, so I am a happy, happy girl right now.
In other news, we didn't like either house we saw yesterday. The first one was okay. But we don't want to settle for just okay. It was a little small, but it had a nice kitchen and a nice garage (my # 1 priority and Kyle's # 1). However, it had a really nasty pool out back that we don't want to deal with. We didn't want to have to deal with paying a fortune to get it cleaned and repaired, then pay a fortune for upkeep.
House number two was really disappointing. Our realtor had never been to it, so she didn't know the condition it was in, or she wouldn't have even brought it up. It's too bad, too, because it was a really cool house. It was two stories, had a big garage and an RV parking type area, a covered patio out front, a huge living room area, a wet bar, an enormous master bedroom with a fireplace and a balcony... it would have been really nice. IF it didn't need a new roof, IF the exterior paint wasn't peeling completely off, IF it didn't have a nasty pool in back as well, IF it didn't smell horribly, IF it didn't have gross carpet, IF the linoleum wasn't brown and gold from the 70's (with the baby blue counter tops), and IF they weren't asking for over $200,000 when they would be lucky to get $50,000. So, really too bad, because if it had been in good shape, we so would have put an offer on it. The right house will show up eventually, I guess.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

nothing is better then a hubby clening the kitchen!!!

and you are right, the house you are meant to be in will come along, hopefully soon.....

Erica Young said...

Don't you just love having a hubby that will get up and do that for you without being asked? Mine does that every now and than but I will take the help when he does offer.
Ugh, house hunting! Sorry those didn't go well for you. I hope the ones we look at this weekend are good. But with the foreclosures on the rise now it's hard to find a good home. Like you said the right home will come along and you will just fall in love. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us!

Brandi said...

Go Kyl!!!!

Brandi said...

oops...Go Kyle...that's better