Monday, January 26, 2009

New House Pictures


I'm finally getting around to showing you guys what else we've done in the house. The last pictures I showed you were just after we moved in, and we'd barely done anything! Now, it's been months since we moved in, and we've still barely done anything! Now, that's not quite true, but it sure feels like it. Our kitchen has been complete for quite some time, and we tore out bushes in the front yard and put in some plants a few weeks ago. I got tons of paint squares at Home Depot the other day so I can pick out colors for the rest of our house. I mean, so WE can pick out colors. I doubt you want a detailed description of every paint sample I picked out, so I'll just tell you that I picked out colors for both bathrooms, our bedroom, and the spare bedroom (hopefully nursery?) as well as the living room. And I'm hoping for Home Depot birthday money from the family so I can actually afford all this paint! Oh, yeah, I'm almost 24. Next Monday!

So... here are the pictures. First, the kitchen.



And the front yard.


I also must tell you that I can tell that you guys are praying for me! God has been really working in my life over the past couple weeks, and I would never have enough time to fully explain what He's been doing, but it's been incredible. I found out another friend was pregnant, and this time I felt only pure, pure joy for her, and couldn't (still can't) stop praising God for giving her this miracle after they've tried so long. A lot of songs we've been doing at church have had a huge impact, as well as messages and conversations, and just random little things. Kyle and I are now praying together and for each other every night, which is something we've never done consistently. We've always just kinda done our own thing, and I am so excited about what this is going to do for our relationship. I also just bought a few books, three that are written by women who have struggled with infertility, and another one that is a devotional Kyle and I are going to do together called Moments for Couples Who Long For Children. I'm just waiting for them to come to me so we can get started. So that's where I'm at right now - so much more at peace, and very content, and very hopeful, and so excited to see what God is going to do!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

the place looks amazing - I love the black cabinets!

any news yet????
thinking of you constantly....

Christy said...

LOVE the red wall. Red and black are the colors in my kitchen as well. I am glad you are experiencing the peace and joy that only God could be giving you. I felt that at one point and jad just surrendered when God brought our first little daughter into our lives and man after sensing Gods presence and peace I was SO ready to love her into our family like she totally deserved.

Erica Young said...

Love the cabinets. My cabinets are wood and I was thinking of painting them black for more modern feel. I'm glad things are going better for you. I pray those books work. Let me know how you like the Moments for Couples Who Long For Children. I might go and pick that up.

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday Diana!!!!!!
I hope you have had an AWESOME day.
Love ya!