Friday, August 29, 2008

Slip - n - slide

One huge tarp
+
dish soap
+
lots of water
+
a bunch of students
=
tons of fun!


Each year at the beginning of the school year, SLT (the student leadership team) puts on a Day of Welcome, and we do fun stuff as a high school. For the second year in a row now we've had a huge slip-n-slide for the kids to play on. Since it was so incredibly hot out today, the kids really enjoyed the water! I however, stood outside for 2 hours, burning up, and taking hundreds of pictures. Don't worry, I won't share them all. :)


We had quite a bit of water.


Quite a bit of soap.


Plenty of mud!


And plenty of sillyness.


They played tug of war...

... and crab walk soccer...

And lots of good, old fashioned slip-n-sliding.

And the senior class got together for some fun pictures at the end of it all!

So there you go. This is my job, people! How crazy is that? Of course, it's not like this all the time, but I am so blessed to work at this school and with these kids.

7 comments:

Erica Young said...

That looks like fun. What a cool job you have!

Christy said...

those pictures are so fun! What a fun thing to get to do.

Aminta said...

Oh how fun! So glad that you love doing what you are doing, good to like where you are at, huh?

Leslie said...

FUN FUN FUN...
I love how much you love your job. Awesome!

Dawna said...

Wow! Just wandered over to check out your blog and I love it! I especially love the pictures of your classroom, the pencils, and... of course... your killer red shoes! I'll be back! ~Dawna

Lisa said...

Diana - your note was so, so sweet and totaly brightened my day!! I miss you too and think of you all the time....
How is the house deal coming along - I know it takes FOREVER!!

If only I could have a job as fun as your and summers off......

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, sweet friend!

Erica Young said...

Hey just checking in to see what's going on with the house? Hope you have a great weekend!