Thursday, June 5, 2008

The thing that's bugging me

So I said in my previous post that there was something bugging me and I needed to write about it. Really, it's my attitude that's bugging me, and I need you to pray that it gets better! I really am doing okay, despite the fact this month wasn't it. I trust God's timing for my life, and I know that it will happen when the time is right. I'm so much more at peace with things in my life, and while I still couldn't accept that I'm supposed to remain childless indefinitely, the waiting for it to happen is becoming a little easier. Problem is, I have this little nagging thought, not all the time, but on occasion, that somehow God's plan for other people's lives isn't right. I hate that I feel this way, because it means that part of me doubts God's plan, but let me explain...

I know that everything happens for a reason, but since we don't always know the reasons, things get frustrating. I look at the world, and I see sooo many problems, and I see sooo many people reproducing who, in my eyes, really shouldn't be. And then there's Kyle and me, and so many other couples going through the same thing. Kyle and I are still pretty young, but we're able to provide for a family. We're looking for a house to buy so that we're even more prepared to raise a family. We're two people who love the Lord and would bring up our kids in a godly home and in a church. We both long for a family and know that it is a God given desire for us to have kids, and (I think) we would be great parents. There are so many other couples in the same situation, who would be amazing parents and are able to provide for a family, yet unable to have one. So why have we not been blessed with children, yet I look around and see pregnant teenagers without the means or the knowledge to raise a child. Pregnant single women who don't want a child, so they get rid of their child. I also see couples who really shouldn't be having children at this point, again in my opinion, because they are completely incapable of raising children to be productive members of society, and instead they are reproducing like bunnies and raising children in environments that no child should be subjected to, and perpetuating social problems like crime and poverty. So, why can they have kids, and we can't? This is something that bothers me, but I wish it didn't, because I know there is a reason for all this. It's just hard for me to deal with at times.
My best friend had a baby at 17, and Hannah ended up being the biggest blessing and the best thing that could have happened in Sarah's life. Sarah is a wonderful mother to Hannah, so I know that children born into not the greatest circumstances can be wonderful blessings and that they are part of God's plan. I guess I just hate seeing children is circumstances that no child should have to go through, when there are so many couples who would be wonderful parents, yet they are unable to have children. And I think, why is this happening? And then I hate that I think like that, because I know that God's plan is the best, even when we can't see the reasoning behind His plan. Pray for me. My attitude needs a readjustment at times.

In other news, we're actually going to take this month off of the medication. I hate to do it, but we've decided to get Kyle tested as well. I can only be on the medication for 6 cycles, and we've already used two. We (really, it's more me - Kyle hates the idea of being tested) don't want to waste any more cycles, then find out that there is a problem with him as well. So, hopefully we get good test results back, so we can jump back into baby making.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

We all have these thoughts, Diana! I think it is only normal to feel this way - I am sure being a teacher you see some of the worst!

My hubby was tested awhile back and it was really no big deal! He was nervous, but everyone is there for the same reason, so it's no biggie. And you need to eliminate him as a source of the problem.

I am so sorry to hear things didn't go as planned this month, but take June as a month to relax since you are off the meds anyway - don't count your days or think about your cyle. I am sure you could both use a month to just relax - I know, easier said then done!

praying, praying, praying for you...

Melanie said...

Hey, I'm so glad you found our blog!

It is hard sometimes to see what seems to be so much injustice in the world, but you're right - God has His plans for all of us. My personal feeling is that God doesn't necessarily "want" children to be born into bad circumstances as you listed, but that He gives people agency to choose how they live their lives (i.e. have children even when they're not in a situation to care for them well). Then God works through the consequences of their choices/actions to give them opportunities to learn and be blessed. Hope that makes sense. I don't know what God's plan is for you & Kyle, but I know that whatever it is, as you hold faithful, you will be blessed. :-)

I can't say I know what you're going through personally, but I do know some people who have been there and I have seen how hard it can be. I'm glad the medication seems to be helping! My heart goes out to you and I will be praying for you!

Leslie said...

I think your thoughts are totally normal.

I will be praying for you guys, and hope the test results come back good, rest in June, mentally. I can't imagine.

Hang in there